EMS, Curriculum Area Coordinator
|Title:||EMS, Curriculum Area Coordinator|
EMS, Curriculum Area Coordinator
at Carteret Community College in Morehead City: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in discipline or related discipline; Licensing requirements: Level II EMS Instruction Credential; AHA BLS, ACLS, PALS; ITLS or PHTLS; AMLS, NC/NREMT Paramedic Certification. Teaching and administrative experience leading to this level of responsibility. Demonstration of skills in the areas of: communication, organization, and managing multiple priorities; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, community groups, and others; and demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team environment. Demonstrate skills in computer technology. Permanent full time 12 month position with salary range: $4,122 - $4,212 monthly. For application package and job description, print from web site at www.carteret.edu
, or pick up at the college. Completed application package and photocopies of transcripts/certifications should be sent to the Human Resources Department. For faculty positions transcripts and certifications must be submitted for employment consideration. Deadline for applying is June 13, 2014. Position Start Date is August 1, 2014. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY.
Affirmative Action Statement
EMS, Curriculum Area Coordinator
|Statement of Primary Purpose
|Provide leadership and fulfill administrative, instructional, and coordinative duties in curriculum and corporate and continuing education EMS program. Includes coordination of day, evening, weekend, off-campus, and online course work for Curriculum and Corporate and Community Education EMS program.
|Essential Functions and Responsibilities
|The essential job functions and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Plan and deliver instruction
- Develop course master syllabi and select textbooks and course materials
- Advise students toward completion of certificate, diploma, and degree programs
- Coordinate with other programs and divisions to provide timely instruction for program completion.
- Supervise online presence for all program course work.
- Promote an environment conducive to learning and maintaining high standards in all classes
- Explore and develop of new class offerings within an existing program
- Explore and develop new program offerings
- Maintain program assessment in WEAVE
- Administer academic policies and procedures
- Ensure the development, use, and publication of appropriate course syllabi and reading schedules
- Promote the development of innovative instruction
- Develop an annual schedule in consultation with other divisions and departments
- Review and approve textbook adoptions and book orders
- Revise and update curriculum
- Maintain an effective and productive relationship with transfer institutions and community stakeholders
Facilitate program review and planning process:
- Identify, execute, and assess program objectives, program level learning objectives, and course level learning objectives.
- Interpret, and analyze data directly effecting programs
- Develop action plan for use of assessment results
- Prepare program reviews as scheduled
- Prepare program reaccreditation reports if required.
- Work with Student Enrollment Resources in developing program market strategies and participate in college marketing opportunities and events
- Collect program data as requested by division directors and senior administration.
Provide student related services:
- Organize and participate in student recruitment activities
- Participate in student orientation
- Advise students pursuant to the college advising model
- Evaluate student needs and refer as needed
- Participate in student retention, persistence, and success development strategies
Administer faculty and staff operations:
- Supervise and assist part-time/full time employees in the program
- Promote a collaborative work environment
- Promote professional standards
- Enforce college policies and procedures
- Determine staffing needs and establish qualifications
- Prepare adjunct contracts
- Credential new faculty hires
- Recruit, interview, and select full and part-time faculty according to Human Resources procedures
- Assist in orientation of faculty
- Identify and procure resources needed by part-time faculty
- Evaluate performance of program full and part-time faculty
- Plan and participate in professional development activities
Manage budgets and equipment/supplies
- Create and enter annual program other costs budget
- Assess program equipment needs and prepare equipment budget requests
- Collaborate with faculty to project future funding needs
- Allocate and reallocate funds based on departmental, divisional, and institutional priorities
- Monitor expenditures and provide periodic reports to faculty and senior administration
- Monitor inventory of supplies and equipment
- Place repair and supply orders
|Additional Duties and Responsibilities
|This position is accountable to the Vice President of Corporate and Continuing Education in relations to Corporate and Continuing Education’s EMS program. Monitoring and ensuring compliance with OEMS and local educational program entrance and performance requirements. Serve as a member of the Carteret County EMS Quality Management Committee and represent the College EMS Education Department at the County Fire Chiefs Association. Serve on college committees as requested; Participate in professional development activities; Perform other duties as assigned.
||Bachelor’s degree in discipline or related discipline from a regionally accredited institution of higher education; Master’s degree preferred.
|Knowledge and Skills
Teaching and administrative experience leading to this level of responsibility. Demonstration of skills in the areas of: communication, organization, and managing multiple priorities; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, community groups, and others; and demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team environment.preferred; Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
This position requires an ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, lift, reach up, stoop, and carry items occasionally in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds. It also requires manual dexterity to operate standard office machines.
||National or North Carolina Certified Paramedic; 3 years of field experience; Credentialed Level II Paramedic Instructor; AHA BLS, ACLS and PALS Instructor Credential; HTLS or ITLS Instructor Credential; MLS Instructor Credential
|Working Conditions and Environment (i.e., necessary travel, unusual work hours, unusual environmental conditions, etc.)
|Ability to accommodate a flexible working schedule. Limited travel within service area.
|Familiar with the operation of the following equipment and software:
- PC using MS Office most current version
- MS Outlook email
- FISDAP EMS Clinical/Lab support software
- SimDesigner-simulation software
- SimPad and Sim-Man and Sim-Child Human Patient Simulators (HPS) (repair and upkeep)
- Physio-Control LP 12 Cardiac Monitor (repair and upkeep)
- Phillips MRX Monitor (repair and upkeep)
- EKG Simulators
- Video Lab recording system
- Various Intubation and Vascular Access HPS
Carteret Community College shall offer equal opportunity to its employees, applicants for employment, and students without regard to handicap, race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex or age (except where age or sex is a bonafide occupational qualification). Applicants will be judged solely on the basis of meeting the requirements of the position.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications