Professional Math/Science Tutor
DescriptionPurpose of the Carteret Community College Tutorial Program:
To enhance the academic success of Carteret Community College students by supplying effective facilitation in a manner that will improve academic skills while developing mastery of subject material. Student independence rather than tutor dependence will be the emphasis of the tutorial program.
1. Assist students by tutoring and mentoring in a variety of subjects.
2. Have all students log-in and out of each session and ensure Request for Tutoring has been completed.
3. Attend any mandatory staff meetings or training sessions.
4. Assistance with administrative duties as needed.
5. Pursue knowledge in courses hired to tutor.
6. Help develop effective programs and materials for courses hired to tutor.
Provide individual and small group tutoring to students in the Academic Support Center. Assist students in improving academic achievement by meeting with them on a regular basis to clarify learning problems and work on study skills. Other assistance might include: reviewing class material, discussing the text, predicting test questions, formulating ideas for papers, or working on solutions to problems. Tutoring is a supplement to teaching. Tutors are not expected to know everything about the subject for which they tutor. Subject areas include but are not limited to math, writing, English, Spanish, science and nursing.
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557
Phone: (252) 222-6000